What sets off "Successful" people apart from the rest? What is success and how does it look?
Whether success is obtaining a job, being satisfied with an outcome, or finding inner peace, one thing that cab be agreed upon is that people define success on their own terms. So what does your success entail?
Here are some simple suggestions to becoming successful as you would define it (even if you define it as failing at everything):
1) Define success in detail- the more specific you can name its components or steps, the higher the chance of achieving what you seek
2)Don't quit- try and try and try again. If you have tried a million times and feel like you have nothing left to lose... well try again- you have nothing left to lose anyway.
3) Think about it and converse about it. People become good at what they engross themselves in with action. But all actions begin with a thought. So fixate on the goal, talk about the goal, plan for the goal, and then act on it. Real estate agents talk about real estate, lawyers about law, and therapists about mental health and life/relationships. Gamers talk about games and the list goes on and on. The ones that practice and/or takes steps to make their ideas into reality are the ones that do it well (for the most part). Besides, talking about something helps you obtain different approaches, perspectives, and many times, it helps you prioritize or think more clearly about the idea.
4) Organize yourself to balance your life and goals. Even disorder and disorganization has its perks, but to stay focused take a bit of organization.
So here are some items I would suggest looking into to help plan for your own success:
1) A Journal - to keep track and record thoughts, ideas, and reflections. When you write something down, it becomes more tangible and concrete. Plus most people forget the great ideas they have in the shower or on the toilet, write them down as soon as you get out of the bathroom, or record yourself talking you ideas out. Check out these journals- these are customizable and good quality: Buteo Bunker or These Journals.
You can also buy these items to make your own journals.
2) A calendar- keep tabs of your commitments and you progress. See the journal links.